- Thursday, May 20, 2021
- Time: 9:00 am to 12:00pm
- Place: Virtual
Free Virtual Half-Day GAAD Event
Global Accessibility Awareness Day with Digita11y Accessible
Our first-ever Free Virtual GAAD Event was held on May 20th, 2021.
A wonderful panel of Accessibility experts provided a breadth of valuable information to event participants.
You can now watch the presentations and download the presenter slides to discover new and interesting perspectives on Accessibility.
A11y Strategy – From Organizational Zero to hero
- How to bring accessibility into the SDLC
- Creating gates and reducing organizational gaps
- No time no money? Where to start
- Review periods
- Getting your team back to basics
A11y shorts – Developers: Commit to basics
- Back to basics
- Most common HTML issues and how to fix them
Digital Accessibility insightsDownload PDF Version
A11y needs to be included from the start of every program & Why
Program Accessibility needs to support 4 stages within product developments:
- Product/Functional through “Accessibility Requirements”
- Design through an “Accessible Design System”
- Development through a “Component Library”
- Testing through “QA Checkpoints”
Dodge the Rotten Accessibility Tomato: Premiere Your Videos with Captions, Audio Description, and Transcripts
Develop a video accessibility plan of action from the get-go for your original and licensed video assets.
Get Organized and Optimize Your Visual Content at the Source with an Accessible (and Searchable) Image Gallery
How to make images accessible from the very beginning by embedding alt text into your photo metadata.Download PDF Version
Screen Magnifiers to Screen Readers